Calling all plan admins.
Ready to kick-off Stocktoberfest in your office and promote participant engagement in your equity plan?
What better way to get started than with a fireside chat? Our friends at Reddit recently hosted a fireside chat that left participants feeling inspired, informed and refreshed.
Let’s dive into the basics!
What is a fireside chat?
A fireside chat is an opportunity to have an informal conversation between leadership and employees. It’s a great way to chat openly about equity and get participants excited about their plan.
How can I get prepared?
First things first, talk to leadership to see if they are interested in getting involved. Once you have approval, select one person or a panel of leaders to answer questions. A great start would be your CEO and a leader in talent or culture.
Find a session moderator or moderate the session yourself! Don’t worry, we have compiled a list of questions below to help you get started.
Where should I host the fireside chat?
Host your fireside chat in a casual and comfortable area. Perhaps the company kitchen or a spacious common space. Then, order some treats and send out a calendar invite!
Note: Remember to leave lots of time for questions from attendees. You could even send out an anonymous survey to collect questions from employees in advance.
Sample Fireside Chat Questions:
- Why did you join (COMPANY NAME)?
- What does equity mean to you?
- How did you come to think of equity as a tool to accomplish the company vision?
- How does offering equity reflect the company culture?
- How has our equity offering evolved since it first launched? Do you think it still helps with the retention of your employees? If so, how?
- What are some benefits of offering equity that you didn’t initially expect?
- If you could build your plan all over again – what would you change?
- How do you think equity will grow your business?
Sample Questions for the Audience:
- What did you do with your equity? (If applicable)
- What do you want to know about your equity?
Are you hosting a fireside chat this Stocktoberfest? Be sure to share pictures on social using the hashtag #Stocktoberfest.